QuickTime, Safari 9.0 "Missing Plugin"

When trying to view QT movies in Safari Version 9.0 (11601.1.39.0.2), the message shows "missing plugin"; info link to Apple is futile. Has QT support not been added, will be added, or are we SOL? I thought QT support was built-in?

Replies

Me too, I think this has something to do with file handling via Safari and probably the move to HTML5. The developers of the sites have to change, doesn't look like the browsers will change.

Chrome doesn't work at all right now–

https://goo.gl/HnhLgr

A bug I filed last year involving the QuickTime plugin was recently closed with the following message from Apple:

There are no plans to address this based on the following: The QuickTime plugin is no longer supported on OS X 10.11.

We are now closing this report.

If you have questions about the resolution, or if this is still a critical issue for you, then please update your bug report with that information.

Perhaps you are disabled Quicktime plugin, try the following:

got to "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Disabled Plug-Ins" and check if "QuickTime Plugin.plugin" is there, if so, move it to "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ , restart Safari and check on Safari -> Preferences -> Security -> Plug-in settings