How to add IAP price info to App Description

I've had an app in the AppStore for 2 years which includes InApp Purchase subscriptions.

After submitting a new update of the app (version 4.2) Apple rejected the app claiming the App Description must include the Subscription Price.

in the past, I've been told by Apple NOT to include IAP prices in the App Description because the price would not be localized, and people in non-US$ using countries would be confused by the US$ price in the description.

Now someone tells me that Apple has a way to put a localized price in the App Description. But I cannot find any info on this in any documentation.

Note: the app is NOT localized into other languages.

Our AppStore description is NOT localized into other languages.

But the app is available in dozens of countries (presumably only English speakers in those countries would download it).

So, is there a real way to include the IAP price in an App Description so that it changes to the local currency in each country's AppStore?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jordan.

Replies

You wrote:

"After submitting a new update of the app (version 4.2) Apple rejected the app claiming the App Description must include the Subscription Price."

This is wrong. Reread why they rejected the app to be sure you read it correctly. If this is actually why they rejected it then file an appeal.

Can you share the complete rejection notice here, in it's original form, thanks.

I agree, this is crazy, as for many users, the price in the description would NOT be the price they would actually have to pay. I just received a rejection today, saying that I must include the following in my app description:

- Title of publication or service

- Length of subscription (time period and/or number of deliveries during each subscription period)

- Price of subscription, and price per issue if appropriate

- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase

- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period

- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal

- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase

- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period

- Links to Your Privacy Policy and Terms of Use

It also seems strange for Apple to want me to include a link to my privacy policy in the app description, when there's an official "Privacy Policy" link provided by the App Store which redirects the user to my site.

I just rewatched the WWDC video and after seeing the part where you can now adjust pricing for subscribers based on when they first subscribed and other criteria, it seems even crazier to ever include pricing information in the description. Anyone have advice on how to proceed? (Other than doing as the App Review team asks, and potentially facing user confusion/backlash)

>Now someone tells me that Apple has a way to put a localized price in the App Description. But I cannot find any info on this in any documentation.

Whomever told you that is making things up and is why no docs back that claim up. Localized or not, Apple has always pushed back on apps that talked about pricing, either via meta data/description, or inside the app.

>It also seems strange for Apple to want me to include a link to my privacy policy in the app description

Not what they said. Apple has banned active links in app description. Provide that link in meta data via the 'support URL' field, as well as inside your app.