Refunded receipt JSON example

Hi! I'm developing a web service and SDK for iOS for tracking auto-renewable subscriptions, and now developing a case where customer has refunded auto-renewable subscription.

Can anybody share any JSON receipt example with refund being made please? Receipt should have cancellation_date inside.

I have read documentation a lot, but it's not clear about "cancellation_reason" field, where is it located, inside "latest_receipt_info" or inside "pending_renewal_info" ?

Also would like to ask if someone knows, can Apple Care refund multiple transactions for auto-renewable subscription? i.e. subscription has been charged twice, will Apple Care refund two transactions or just last one?

Replies

>"cancellation_reason" field, where is it located, inside "latest_receipt_info" or inside "pending_renewal_info" ?

It is a field inside the "In-App Purchase Receipt Fields" in the receipt (if the undecoded receipt was generated after the cancellation event) and also in the latest_receipt_info field in the receipt. I do not think it will also be in the pending_renewal_info because it is not a renewal that is "pending" or that "failed in the past".

> can Apple Care refund multiple transactions for auto-renewable subscription?

"can" - yes. But they most likely will not.

Note - worrying about cancellations is (IMHO) a waste of your programming time EXCEPT if you are processing an autorenewable subscription upgrade.