Cloudkit Write Permission error for some records

I have a Mac OS X app which has around 15 tables. These have worked fine for multiple years. I am in development mode for this container. I recently added a new table, adding it automatically as I created records from the app. I have created about 10 sample records in it, some from a different machine than my dev Mac. For 2 of these records, in an attempt to save, I get this error:

<CKError 0x600000d7b5d0: "Permission Failure" (10/2007); server message = "WRITE operation not permitted";

From the dashboard on my dev Mac, I can retrieve the record, changed it, and save from there.

Accepted Reply

When I recently encountered something similar, the problem was resolved when I editted permissions in Schema > Security Roles.

Replies

BTW, I am able to save the other records successfully from the app.

When I recently encountered something similar, the problem was resolved when I editted permissions in Schema > Security Roles.

Thanks, digitalden

That worked. I had to check read and write for that table. Funny that I could save most of the records.

What does this mean Spok?

Schema? Security Rules? What? Where are these things?

On your simulator or you iPhone, go to setting and sign-in to iCloud. Users are not allowed to WRITE (CREATE) records to CloudKit unless they are signed-in to Apple iCloud. This is what causes this Permission Error. Apple should obviously add more color to their error; it shouldn't be so hard for devs to debug it (but it is).

> Schema? Security Rules? What? Where are these things?

Xcode, select the target app, Signing & Capabilities,CloudKit Dashboard

Select the container for the app on CloudKit

This gets you to the CloudKit Dashboard.

Select Development. (this may be a drop down menu at the top labelled Production)

Select Schema. (this may be a drop down menu at the top labeled Data)

Select Security Roles (This may be on a drop down menu at the top labelled Record Types)

Select the permissions for World, Authenticated and Creator.

Then you may need to deploy to production.