While printing the running summary of interface statistics, the value of "ifi_ibytes" in "ifmibdata" table is not getting updated during downloading

Environment : MAC OS 10.15 public beta 2

Issue description: When we try to fetch the running summary of interface statistics using the function "sidewaysintpr()" from Apple Open Source Code (https://opensource.apple.com/source/network_cmds/network_cmds-356.8/netstat.tproj/if.c) the value of "ifi_ibytes" in "ifmd_data" table (member of struct "ifmibdata" i.e ifmibdata.ifmd_data.ifi_ibytes) is not getting updated (always remains zero) during downloading (in packets)

Info: Kernel parameter values are read during runtime using "sysctl()" function and stored in "ifmibdata". "ifmibdata" contains the "ifmd_data" table. Under this "ifmd_data" we can get the statistics informations like out/in packets, packet error, out/in packet bytes, packet collision. when we try to read "ifi_ibytes" (i.e in packet bytes/sec) the value is not getting updated (always remains zero) during downloading but "ifi_obytes" (i.e out packet bytes/sec) value is getting updated.

Note : This is observed when data connection is connected via datacard (wireless network adapter).

** This issue is still observed in latest release [Developer Beta 8]

Replies

Any response will be appreciated.