Detailed app analytics

I recently released my game for the iPhone and want to have a detailed app analytics page I can frequent. What Apple currently provides is far from enough. What I would like to see is App Store Connect provide:

Detailed app analytics for all your players who download your app.

What players installed,

When app was installed / date,

Who watched ads and what revenue was generated,

Most importantly:

What iOS device they are running on so we could target fixes for a demographic.

I.E. 5% could be using an iPhone 5 while 25% on iPhone 6, 30% an iPhone 7, 35% on iPod touch and 5% on iPad. Apple currently only says 100% on iOS... This is NOT helpful at all.

Right now I have NO IDEA what iOS devices or what versions of the OS people download and install my app are running on. This HAS to be provided. Right now my app works perfectly fine on 1 iOS device but another device some features are broken. We need to be able to tell what users are on what devices so it can aid us in fixing issues. I'm frankly shocked Apple does not provide this yet they can tell us what percentage of people are runnig on the latest iOS operating system.

I have a spreadsheet of all my beta testers, what iOS device and what operating system they are running on yet in App Store Connect it doesn't provide this. I have to write them all down. PLEASE FIX!!!

Jeff

Replies

>What I would like to see is

Interesting comments, thanks for sharing, but asforum posts aren't bug reports, feel free to use the bug reporter/(suggestions) link below, adding your report # to your thread for ref., thanks.

>Right now my app works perfectly fine on 1 iOS device but another device some features are broken. We need to be able to tell what users are on what devices so it can aid us in fixing issue

That's what crash reports via ASC, and your own testing, are for, not store stats. If you're using just the store to test, you're doing it wrong.

>I'm frankly shocked Apple does not provide this yet they can tell us

It's only/always about the money, and the gold is in the stats...Apple shares only what is good for -their- bottom line, devs are just fodder towards that end. Nothing shocking about that equation, I think. Welcome to the App Store.

Good luck.

> We need to be able to tell what users are on what devices so it can aid us in fixing issues.

Apple has no way of knowing when a feature on your app is not working unless there is a crash. Your crash reports will describe the device and the iOS for each crash. For all other problems your app can detect the type of device and iOS and communicate that to you through your servers or through the CloudKit public database.

You could use a third-party analytics tool such as Fabric / Crashlytics. It won't tell you who installed your app due to privacy concerns (Apple would never allow collecting that kind of information) but it tells you on which types of devices and versions of iOS it was installed and how many new users are seen each day. It has hooks you can put into your code so you can see when a particular feature is used.