Xcode frames disappearing / no drag and drop

Hi all,

I've successfully made a stickerpack and have uploaded this to the app store and is for sale there.

There are 24 animated stickers in the pack.

Everything worked fine so far yet now suddenly I can't drag files into a sticker sequence.

I'm still working in the same xcode project and want to add 3 more sticker sequences (25, 26 27)

I add a empty sticker sequence but can't drag drop frames in there.

I found a workaround and did manage to get some frames in to those 3 new sequences.

But when reopening Xcode these new sticker sequences are not animating anymore and all frames in the sequence show the same image.

I've also uploaded the app for testing and in testflight the 3 new sequences are not animating.

[EDIT

When I drag frames onto a stickersequence, it doesn't add the frames I drop yet it adds an empty frame to the sequence.

I've reinstalled Xcode as well

EDIT]

All my sequences meet the file size demands of less then 500kb

Total app is 10.5 MB

Somehow I have the feeling that 24 stickers is the max but I have no where found info that there is such a limitation.

I've been trying to find out how to create swipable pages so that the new 3 stickers go on a second page.

Any info on that would be very helpfull too

Thanks

Ronnie

minimonster

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

Thanks,

I think I've found the solution.

Looking back into the Apple guidelines

https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/extensions/messaging/http://

It says that GIF's are supported but PNG are recomended. I tried using some PNG's and it seems to work fine.

I started building this app in Xcode 9 and maybe in there the GIFs don't lead to any issues.

I did add GIFs in Xcode 10 as well, but seems to have stopped working as explained earlier.

I'm going to replace everything with PNG's and hope I can keep adding more stickers to my file.

I'll mark this thread as solved for now.

Thanks for your help!

Replies

Ronnie:

AFAIK (meaning anecdotally), a given sticker pack must have a minimum of 3 stickers and a maximum of 30.

>when reopening Xcode these new sticker sequences are not animating anymore

Did you option-clean the build to clear any cruft? Did you try making a new project/app and seeing how many you can wedge there? How much physical ram in your mac?

>All my sequences meet the file size demands of less then 500kb

I thought that was 50kb, but maybe we're not talking about the same thing. Can you link to where you learned that?

Ken