1 Reply
      Latest reply on Jul 3, 2019 1:36 PM by klei.victorchow
      3rf Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm attempting to integrate a macOS game with Apple's GameKit SDK using Objective-C. So far I have been able to authenticate the user and load/update achievements, but I have had no success with leaderboards.

When attempting a loadLeaderboardsWithCompletionHandler request, I get this error:

Error Domain=GKErrorDomain Code=3 "The requested operation could not be completed due to an error communicating with the server." UserInfo={GKServerStatusCode=5043, NSLocalizedDescription=The requested operation could not be completed due to an error communicating with the server., NSUnderlyingError=0x600000158960 {Error Domain=GKServerErrorDomain Code=5043 "status = 5043, MyGame does not support leaderboards" UserInfo={GKServerStatusCode=5043, NSLocalizedFailureReason=status = 5043, MyGame does not support leaderboards}}}

I'm having trouble understanding why Apple's endpoint says my game does not support leaderboards. So far I have:

1. Enabled GameCenter for our app identifier
        2. Enabled GameCenter on our app's App Store Connect page (currently in "prepare for submission" state)
        3. I've added a leaderboard to our app group via the Features menu in App Store Connect and imported it onto the macOS App Store page

But still nothing. Any ideas?

• Re: Game "does not support leaderboards” error
          klei.victorchow Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Try temporarily disassociating your app from the App Group.  My leaderboard queries previously "worked," then stopped once I added the app to a group (with that error), and "worked" again after I removed it from the group.

Not a solution... but should confirm that app groups break leaderboard queries and worth notifying Apple.