Learn to Code 1 crashing

I’m trying to work through Learn to Code 1 on my iPad Pro, running 12.3.1.

I’m still in the early levels, and keep running into an issue where after running my code byte moves a few spaces, the audio garbles and I lose the map. When I try to run my code again I get an error on the first line, “Unable to send commands, missing ’liveViewMessageHandler’”.

If I kill the app and start over the level I was on will work fine, but I get the error again a few levels later.

Initially I thought this was due to running the beta for iOS 13 but I’ve gone back to 12.3.1 and it still occurs, so its some sort of persistent issue.

How I can I get past this? It’s frequent enough that it’s killing any interest in continuing with Playgrounds.

Replies

me too

Turn off the sound. Fixed it for me. Seems to be an audio problem.

I'm having the same issue on iOS 13 public beta 5 with Swift Playgrounds version 3.0.

But, instead of having to kill the app, I'm simply going back to a previous challange and coming back to the one that had this issue, which causes it to reload and bypass this issue. I think this is faster.

I also noticed that if I turn off background music & sound effects, I can't reproduce it.

This fixed My issue on iPad running iOS13 Public Beta. Thank you. I was starting to get discouraged..

yep, that's the fix. i figured it out as well

This issue still exists running iOS 12.4.1 on iPad Pro 11” and the latest version of Swift Playgrounds 3.0.

I get this error in both “Learn to Code 1” and “Learn to Code 2”:

unable to send commands, missing 'liveViewMessageHandler'.

As mentioned by mre183, the quickest resolution is going back and forth from a previous challenge.

This is a great app. I hope the developers notice this thread and fix the bug.

I have iOS 13.1.2

no sound from the app. The solutions posted on this page didn't work for me.

i went to the apple store. That was a waste of time.

will apple fix the app?

the should remove it from the apple store.

Also in my case learn to code 1 is firstly slowing after some time it is crashing down on my MacBook Pro mid-2012. I also tried reinstalling the learn to code & swift playgrounds again but it shows as same as earlier time.