Getting Mojave betas so late in the game

My airbook is getting software update notifications for Mojave 10.14.6 Developer Beta 3. This is just a day after I've installed Beta 2 for Catalina. I'm a bit confused. Isn't it unusual for Apple to be issuing a beta for the standard shipping OS so late in the game as it were? Just curious.

Accepted Reply

I'm on Mojave and still getting seed alerts for High Sierra's Safari betas.

I can unenroll from the seed program at large, but don't see selective opt-outs for specific seeds/betas.

I'd think in your example, there are certain drivers, such as security updates, pushing the need for parallel betas, especially when there are groups of users that haven't moved to current versions.

Easiest method seems to just ignore those alerts when they no longer apply to your example.

Replies

I'm on Mojave and still getting seed alerts for High Sierra's Safari betas.

I can unenroll from the seed program at large, but don't see selective opt-outs for specific seeds/betas.

I'd think in your example, there are certain drivers, such as security updates, pushing the need for parallel betas, especially when there are groups of users that haven't moved to current versions.

Easiest method seems to just ignore those alerts when they no longer apply to your example.