Import Error submitting a binary

Have tried via application loader and xcode, it submits the .ipa to App Store Connect and it appears momentarily in Activity / Builds page but then disappears. Using Lookupo Status on application loader shows "Import Error" for every submission.

Have put in a support request but standard reply is that they may look at this in 1 to 2 business days, but I need to subit for app store review TODAY!

Accepted Reply

I just tried one more time and it all worked. I did a fresh npm install before the build but I don't think that was anything to do with it - it just decided to work this time after 5 previous failures.

Replies

Same here

I'm on latest xcode (10.2.1). The binary does reach app store connect because if I try to upload again straight away it's complaining that the build number is already uploaded, so I have to increment that and rebuild every time.

I also regularly get the error "There was an error sending data to the App Store. Scheduling restart shortly ..." though it does normally recover from that. It does still ultimately fail with the import error even if this doesn't happen though.

Is app visible in testflight now?

It happened the same way if we try to submit with already submitted one it gives error "You have already uploaded a build with build number" so incremeneted build and submitted but so far app is not visible in testflight tab or activity.

Yes appears in Activity tab and TestFlight tab for a minute or so with the status "Processing..." but then disappears,

I just tried one more time and it all worked. I did a fresh npm install before the build but I don't think that was anything to do with it - it just decided to work this time after 5 previous failures.