startMonitoringSignificantLocationChanges getting triggered after traveling distance of more than 3-5km.

Hi team,
Im working on some POC where in i want a location update even when the app is terminated, im using the `startMonitoringSignificantLocationChanges`, where is as per docs(Apps can expect a notification as soon as the device moves 500 meters or more from its previous notification.) Where as in my case the location updates are not triggered exactly after 500m(it is able to trigger the background location update sometimes at 3km or 9km etc, which is not consistant). So is there any way that we can figure out that user has travelled exactly 500m or something to trigger the location update?
My POC is something related to geoFencing where in after traveling user with certain distance, i would be changing the regions that user should be monitored, but in foreground/backgroun its fine because if i use distanceFilter, i could able to have control with me to realter/rearrange the geoFencing to be observed, but it doesnt work in background, so i had to use the `startMonitoringSignificantLocationChanges` to have the location update even on terminated state.

Is there any way that we can make the app to get the location update even on terminated state at particular distance travelled by user?
Thanks in advance.