Pairing Failed (Internal alert) – Updated to WatchOS 6 B2 before updating to iOS 13 B2

Hi,

I know that I am supposed to update iOS 13 to beta 2 before updating my Apple Watch to WatchOS 6 beta 2. However, I accidentally updated WatchOS 6 to beta 2 before updating my iPhone XS to beta 2. So, I ran into problems with the connection between the two devices. I unpaired the watch and attempted to re-pair it. But now I am unable to do so, getting an error message "Pairing Failed (Internal alert). Both devices are now in beta 2. But the problem still persists.

May I know if there's a workaround or a temporary fix for this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

Same issue here. I tried all the solutions offered in this thread:
https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/362696#362696

None of that helped, unfortunately.

I had this same issue and finally resolved it today. First of all, you have to be on iOS13 Beta 2 on your iPhone for WatchOS 6 Beta 2 to work. If you did like me and installed WatchOS 6 Beta 2 before iOS 13 Beta 2 there is a fix:

1.Turn off the Apple Watch.

2. Restart the Watch and press and hold the side button when the Apple logo appears. Do this until it prompts you to erase the watch.

3. Select to erase the watch.

4. Install iOS Beta 2 on your iPhone and restart afterwords.

5. Pair the watch to the iPhone and you should get passed the "Pairing Failed" issue.

This is what finally worked for me, hope it helps.

Thanks so much.

Thats the only way to fix.

Now its working.

Thanks.

Thank you so much, I had an issue & now fixed.

Funny, this procudure only works, if done from shutdown->startup.

If done by holding sidebutton & crown, force-click and select it, it does not work.

I have Iwatch 4 with watchOS 6 beta 1 .. ..I can't update or delete or add profile beta ... only show me the screen and time...I can change only front faces nothing else !!!!!I have a new iPhone XS and I can not synchronize it! running iOS 13 beta 3 ... just iwatch shutting down and opening me asking for pairing again .please help!!!! ..

can i downgrade in watchOS 5 ??? or watchOS 6 beta 3???

How to load the old Install iOS 13 Beta 2 on your iPhone. I searched but i am unable to fid it. Please help...