Has Apple borked the installer for beta 2?

The Software Update preference offered an update today after the announced release of the second beta but the preference's appearance is unfamiliar - a strange icon, no mention of which beta it is and the 'More info' link is, in fact, a web link which opens https://apple.com in the default web browser (at least someone is working on that - it actually uses the specified default web browser rather than Safari)!

Pressing the Upgrade Now button did result in a 6.45 GB download but the installer immediatly complained about not being able to create (or update?) a recovery partition and quit.

Has anyone successfully installed the upgraded the first beta to the second?

Where is the downloaded installer saved to and is there a published checksum available anywhere to determine if the downloaded item is a valid installer rather than random garbage or a malicious payload?

Replies

I ran it one more time and it worked.

I confirm Shades findings: the first shot is borked, but the second worked correctly.

Yes, but I had to reboot reboot as my 2018 MacBook Pro with touch bar would not restart as part of the install process. Once I rebooted, I downloaded the install package again. Install went fine after that.

Same here, but now my 2016 MacBook Pro is incredibly slow and cannot operate any tasks at all without the spinning color wheel for 5 minutes...this is hints of a Microsoft beta...

I know it is a beta, but beta 1 was working pretty smoothly, now beta two has pretty much bricked my 2016 MacBook Pro. I can't do anything on it...not even empty the trash, delete files or update to iOS or iPadOS 13 beta 2.

Finder keeps crashing and states it "Couldn't communicate with a helper application."

hi i have a question i hav einstall beta 1 and i will install beta 2 but the data´s and settings are avaibele after update?