How can update the UI of an In App purchase?

I have some doubts using In app purchase. AFAIK only the first In app purchase is approved along with the binary. This is my current state, I have my app already in AppStore with one weekly subscription.

Now I wonder if the following roadmap is possible:

• Update the current IAP UI
  • Send to apple Apple Review more Weekly and Monthly subscriptions plans(some of them just change the introductory price) without send a binary.
  • My backend will decide which plan will showed to the user.

My problem now is I'm not able to update my current approved IAP, I modified the name, description and screenshot but when I save the changes the IAP state is still Approved when I was expecting it change to Submit to Review state again. Is it possible update a approved IAP? what about if I want to change the background?

On the other hand, I have another IAP waiting for review the last 5 days. Is it normal? Have I to send along with the binary to the app store review?

Replies

You are sort-of correct, the first IAP must be submitted with a new binary. All subsequent IAPs can be submitted with or without a binary. So if your binary is set up for multiple IAPs and is submitted with only one of those IAPs you can submit subsequent IAPs without needing to submit a new binary.

Changing the screenshot in the metadata of an approved IAP does nothing - the screenshot has no effect on an approved IAP. I do not know what you mean when you write 'what about if I want to change the background' - what backgrond?

Changing the text descriptions in an already approved IAP - I too would expect it to go back to 'submit for approval'. You need to make App Review aware of the changes and the only way to do that is by submitting a new IAP or a new binary and leave a note to App Review about changes in the metadata of the approved IAP.

" I have another IAP waiting for review the last 5 days" - that's not that long but I suspect it was not placed in the queue. Usually a new IAP requires a new binary. Even though that is not required by App Review it may be required to get into the review queue. Best to submit a new binary and leave a note to App Review saying there are no changes in the binary, you are just adding new IAPs.

Thanks for your response.

"You are sort-of correct, the first IAP must be submitted with a new binary. All subsequent IAPs can be submitted with or without a binary. So if your binary is set up for multiple IAPs and is submitted with only one of those IAPs you can submit subsequent IAPs without needing to submit a new binary."

This is my current state.

" I have another IAP waiting for review the last 5 days" - that's not that long but I suspect it was not placed in the queue. Usually a new IAP requires a new binary. Even though that is not required by App Review it may be required to get into the review queue. Best to submit a new binary and leave a note to App Review saying there are no changes in the binary, you are just adding new IAPs.

But as you said, looks like this IAP is not in the queue. Is there a way to check if the IAP is in the revision queue without send a new binary?

"Changing the text descriptions in an already approved IAP - I too would expect it to go back to 'submit for approval'. You need to make App Review aware of the changes and the only way to do that is by submitting a new IAP or a new binary and leave a note to App Review about changes in the metadata of the approved IAP."

I would Iike to avoid the update of any IAP approved if I can submit new IAP's to revision without a new binary.

> But as you said, looks like this IAP is not in the queue. Is there a way to check if the IAP is in the revision queue .....

No.

>I would Iike to avoid the update of any IAP approved if I can submit new IAP's to revision without a new binary.

I don't understand what you are writing.

>I would Iike to ......without a new binary.

App Review recommends a new binary with new IAPs.

Quoting this previous thead: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/35757

"Please upload a new binary for review and resubmit your In-App Purchase(s) with the binary so that we can continue the review."

>I would Iike to avoid the update of any IAP approved if I can submit new IAP's to revision without a new binary.

I don't understand what you are writing.

Right now I have one app and one IAP approved.

Now I would like to create five new IAP and send them to Apple IAP Review without sending a new binary (I want to save time of coding).

Then if any of them is approbed I will start to code it, finally when I'm done with the code I will send a new binary to Appstore Review.

If any IAP is rejected I will not code it, is it possible save coding time like this way?

> send ... to Apple IAP Review without sending a new binary ..... is it possible save coding time like this way?

No; App Review, if they are awake, will not approve an IAP if the code to support it is not in the binary that is either approved or submitted with the IAP.