Control Apple Music From another Device

Is it not possible to control apple music from another apple device signed in with the same icloud? I'm not trying to play two tracks at the same time and sign up for the family plan. I just want to have my paid subscription streamed Apple music playing on my Apple TV but control it from my iPhone or laptop. Spotify works like this and it's great when you're constantly moving between devices because you can view/change the current track and volume but it doesn't stop playing on that source. This is unlike Apple Music where I have to repair my airpods to my laptop if I was previously playing on my iPhone.

All I want is that music is playing in my headphones and I open any apple music app and it displays what track is currently being streamed on any device. Potentially a setting can be added that you're not not going to get a family plan and the apple music app will behaves as i've described above which is how Spotify works.

Accepted Reply

>All I want is

I suspect you're here by mistake...

Apple Developer Forums is a community for discussing developer-level issues with Apple’s SDKs and tools. It is not an official Apple support channel, even for developer issues, and it’s definitely not the right place to feedback/get answers about user-level issues.

User-centric queries/comments such as this are perhaps best put to AppleCare's public community support forums, Apple's twitter support account and/or Apple’s YouTube Support Channel vs. risking off-topic here in DevForums, thanks and good luck.

https://support.apple.com/

Replies

>All I want is

I suspect you're here by mistake...

Apple Developer Forums is a community for discussing developer-level issues with Apple’s SDKs and tools. It is not an official Apple support channel, even for developer issues, and it’s definitely not the right place to feedback/get answers about user-level issues.

User-centric queries/comments such as this are perhaps best put to AppleCare's public community support forums, Apple's twitter support account and/or Apple’s YouTube Support Channel vs. risking off-topic here in DevForums, thanks and good luck.

https://support.apple.com/