Pages, Keynote, Numbers all crash right after launch in 10.15 Catalina

Pages, Keynote, Numbers all crash right after launch in 10.15 Catalina, anyone else experiencing this? On a MacBook Pro mid 2014 with Nvidia GPU.

• Same here. I checked my iCloud and all the files can be accessed from the iCloud but none of the Mac products such as Pages, Keynote, Numbers is working and crashing it immediately. It doesn't even open it and straight threw to the crashing report page. All of Microsoft products have been working fine on my new Mac though. Hypothetically I can still use it via an online platform (without the app on my computer) at the moment but I would prefer using the app.

I even had an Apple Support phone call from Australia, but he could not find any solution to this.

If you have any solutions, please let me know.

Add a Comment

Replies

Experiencing the same thing. Late 2015 iMac Retina, 1TB Fusion, iCloud Drive on. I haven't tried in Safe Mode, off to try that now

Same exact issue here. MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

I am not seeing this crashing, and I too have Catalina installed on a mid-2014 MBP. However, this could be related to iCloud Drive being "spastic", which is something I DID experience. After the installation i toggled iCloud off and on to get it to behave (more or less--the release notes show the known issues.) I'd recommend trying that, and hope it helps.

Same here. MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016) 😠

Same here. This seems to be the relevant line in the crash log:

error
17:40:10.688900-0500
Numbers
#Assert *** Assertion failure #0: +[TSWPFontCache p_FontFamiliesForCurrentUserWithCount:] /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/iWorkDependenciesMacOS/iWorkDependenciesMacOS-6194/shared/text/TSWPFontCache.m:321 Missing family name for NSCTFontDescriptor <0x600002477720> = {

NSFontNameAttribute = EccentricLight;
}

Update: this appears to be fixed in the latest Catalina beta.

I'm having problems with iCloud in finder. It seemed to be an infinite recursion of subdirectories called icloud. And I couldn't open Numbers. And this is 10.15 19A489l, which was the one that came out yesterday.
Forrtunately, I am able to edit my numbers document using icloud.com. It may be slow, but it is a lifesaver.

I was able to finally update to the most recent build released this week. Can confirm it has fixed the issue. I haven't had the iCloud issues, but I am sure just by saying that... I will run into it. 😀

Hi,

I have found a quick fix to solve the crashed app.

Step 1: Move the files that you want to edit to iCloud folder

Step 2: Go to iCloud.com then Download that file back to your desktop

Step 3: Open it with Pages, Numbers or Keynote and it will be normal again

I'm on 10.15 Beta (19A536g) and have a freezing problem with Pages. Numbers and Keynote are fine. Seems to work a bit better with icloud turned off for Pages bit freezes after one ot two clicks. Does anyone else have this?