El Capitan Beta 4 Strange Email Issue

Okay I had beta 3 installed and mail wouldn't even open because it kept crashing. Tried everything that was recommended to get it fixed but no dice.

Install Beta 4 and mail now works.....kinda.

I tried sending somene an email and the compose window keeps flashing on and off (visible to not visible) about once a second without letup until I kill the process. So I then tried to clean out the indexed folders in the Library/Mail directory.

Mail came back and imported all of the messages and rebuilt the indices like you would expect. Tried to send the same mail again (it was recovered) and same thing..... flashes on and off until I kill the process.

I know the guys at Apple are working hard but I don't remember the Yosemite beta being nearly this buggy at all. But I'll document the issue in Radar and see if it gets addressed.

Replies

I'm having the same issue today. I have tried force quitting mail, deleting the com.apple.mail folder in Library/Containers, starting while offline, and restarting my MacBook. Every time I open mail, a compose window opens up and starts flashing with the message I was trying to send.