Mail issue with loading certain IMAP Accounts

Help ....

Following install of Catalina (uneventful), I opened Mail. I have iCloud, Outlook and Spectrum accounts; all IMAP.

All accounts show online and all accounts updated correctly with mail from the varios servers, EXCEPT the Spectrum IMAP accounts.

In the case of my Spectrum email, the inbox is not downloading from the mail.twc.com server. Sent mail, Drafts, Junk, Deleted Items all download and sync correctly; but the Inbox is empty. Prior to the Catalina, 10.14 beta Mail app synced correctly with mail.twc.comn

I have removed, re-added the Spectrum email accounts and continue to have the same problem with the Inbox. I have confirmed all settings are correct. For the time being, I am now using 2016 Outlook for Mac and have no issues retrieving / syncing Spectrum mail.

I should also note that, I have no problem with Spectrum mail on my iPhone or iPad, following upgrade to IOS 13; the Inbox works fine and have confirmed the settings are the same. Also, Spectrum Webmail displays Inbox content correctly, so Spectrum tech support concluded the problem is with Apple Mail.

Hopefully someone has some ideas. Appreciate any input.

Replies

I have an identical issue, have also adopted the Outlook solution as a workaround. What is very strange is i have two almost identical machines both with Catalina the other works perfectly. The email is Telstra Bigpond.

Me too...

Telstra IMAP account refuses to retrieve new mail.

The problem persists with macOS Version 10.15 Beta (19A512f).

I can compose and send, but Mail refuses to see or retrieve new mail to Mail InBox from my Telstra (Bigpond Australia) Accounts.

iCloud, Hover, Hotmail, and Gmail accounts, all IMAP, are behaving as they should.

So does Mail on my iPhone 7.

Mail in macOS Mojave (running from a Clone on an external SSD) behaves as it should, retrieving all mail from the Telstra accounts.

The issue clearly relates to Catalina Mail App.

I have submitted a BugReport to Apple, but no response yet.

It is encouraging, in a strange way, to see the issue is not unique to Telstra (Australia).

I Am having trouble getting Catalina mail current beta to recognize my outlook.com email or password. It worked fine in Mojave. What is this outlook solution you are referring to?

Thanks,

Bill