in-app purchase & subscription support for independent watch apps?

I haven't found any info about independent watch apps and support for in-app purchases or subscriptions? Are only free and paid apps supported?

Replies

After digging into the beta APIs I don't see any watchOS support in StoreKit. Can anyone confirm if paid apps will be supported in the watch app store?

I'm also not sure how pricing will work in general. Currently I have a subscription that offers access to my watch app. If I make it independent and subscriptions are not allowed, can I offer it at a price, different to my iPhone app?

I'm also intersted in this, I'm sure I saw in the State of the Union that you could make IAPs on the watch, but you can't import storekit into watch apps.

Also wondering the same, Apple definitely needs to provide a solution for this asap. A different price for the iPhone app and the Watch app would solve the main isssue, but in-app purchases / subscriptions for the watch app would be ideal.

Any updates on In-App subscribtion purchases in Watch OS ??

It is still NOT working...

Someone from Apple please provide an update on this.

IAP have been just announced by Apple in watchOS 6.2

Very excited about this, are there any code tutorials on how to implement this on watchOS?

The code should be the same as for iOS implementations.

My current problem is: I cannot include StoreKit in my Watch app although I have installed Xcode 11.4 beta and set everything to target WatchOS 6.2, but Xcode won't find StoreKit for watchOS although it is definetively there.

I just ran into this, it looks like they didn't include StoreKit in the watchOS simulator for whatever reason.

They did, however, include it into the actual watchOS, so the solution is to copy it over:

in my case, I copied over the files in

/Applications/Xcode 11.4.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/WatchOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/WatchOS.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/StoreKit.framework/

to

/Applications/Xcode 11.4.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/WatchSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/WatchSimulator.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/StoreKit.framework/

I renamed my Xcode beta to Xcode 11.4, so you may have to replace the name there.

Hi Andy,

thanks a lot. I didn't know that it needed to be in WatchSimulator.platform as well. Now it works!

btw: I love revenuecat, I will definetively use it for my next product.

I have copied the files over but it doesn't compile:

Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StoreKit'
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_SKProduct
Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_SKProductsRequest

This problem was fixed for me in the new XCode Beta.