Finder not able to save iOS files from apps with iTunes file sharing

MacOS 10.15 (on a MacBook Pro) Finder connects to (mounts) iOS devices from at least iOS12.1 onwards, but there's no way to save, or otherwise process (e.g. Share), files listed under apps that allow iTunes file sharing. Drag and Drop, Command-C,etc have no effect. Also, there is no way of adding/replacing files.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or found out how to Save?

UPDATE: 10 June 2019, I've now filed a bug report.

UPDATE: 21 June 2019, fixed in MacOS 10.15 Beta 2 (19A487l) and iOS 13.0 Beta 2 (17A5508m)

Regards,

Michaela

Replies

I just recently installed 10.15 Beta (19A546d) and am not able to drag and drop files into an app with shared files via Finder->iPhone->Files->appName. I can see the icon change to a PLUS sign but there's no visible indicator that the file is transferring. Even after waiting some time, I don't see the file transferred. I see 10.15 beta 8 is available so am installing that right now to see if it's fixed. Otherwise, how were you able to successfully a file back in Beta 2?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay: I didn't get notified of your comment 😟

I've had a couple more occasions of files not transferring, each time because (I think) the iOS 13 and Mac OS 10.15 betas were not compatible, i.e. I had not installed one or the other of the latest betas.

All is well at the moment with the latest betas.

Regards, Michaela