Xcode 11 & Swift Package Manager edit mode

Xcode 11 now supports swift packages... neat.

Is there a way to use xcode's spm integration and put a package into edit mode e.g. `swift package edit xyz`? This is very useful for building out packages along side apps. I see that you can ref a package on the file system but that resolves the package into your deps instead of just using the sources in place meaning that you'd have to commit your changes and re-resolve your dependencies to get the changes. Feature request?

Replies

+1 I need it too, would be great to have an ability to edit development dependencies. It's already possible while we're using path in `Package.swift`, but when we set `file://` in Xcode's internal SPM it doesn't give us ability to edit local dependency files.

Is there a way to use xcode's spm integration and put a package into edit mode

I don’t know the answer, alas. My recommendation is that you post your question to Swift Forums > Using Swift, where you’re more likely to connect up with folks who do.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Just Drag&Drop Package Folder(You need to clone to local) into your project😁. And files are editable now.

In the past few months there’s been a lot of great info published about Xcode 11 beta and Swift packages. I found these articles particularly good:

I also got around to watching the WWDC videos:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

I found this thread when looking for a quick way to temporarily edit a source file within a package.
What ended up to be the easiest for me was right clicking the file -> reveal in finder and then opening it in a text editor that's not Xcode.
After a clean build the change was used in my debuggin session.
Hope this helps!