Existing Mac App Bundle ID to Project Catalyst

Can I build a new version of my existing macOS app using Project Catalyst to replace the existing version and use the original bundle identifier? Xcode adds "uikitformac" to my iOS bundle identifier to generate the macOS bundle identifier but I'd like to use the original bundle identifier to ensure users can smoothly upgrade to the next version of the existing macOS app.

I haven't been able to find any information on replacing an existing macOS app with one built using Project Catalyst.

Replies

It looks like I may have found a solution:

"You can change the Mac version bundle ID format but then you need manually sign the app. Set the

Derive UIKit for Mac Product Bundle Identifier (DERIVE_UIKITFORMAC_PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER)
build setting to
NO
, add a macOS conditional value for Product Bundle Identifier (PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER) and Provisioning Profile (PROVISIONING_PROFILE_SPECIFIER), then manually sign the app."

Have you tried signing for distribution yet? The instructions in Apple's documentation clearly explain how to get everything set up for development, but there's nothing for distribution - and when I try to create a macOS distribution provisioning profile for my Catalyst app (using the iOS app's identifier), it keeps saying there's no certificate available (even though I have macOS distribution and installer certificates). Any help would be appreciated!