Citrix Workspace (formerly Receiver) Certificate Trust Error - Beta1

Beta 1. When trying to start a remote Virtual Desktop session Beta 1 displays a certificate error: “you have not chosen to trust ***’. Works fine in 10.14. Going into keychain and selecting the respective root CA and ‘trusting‘ it doesn’t resolve. FYI.

Replies

Same problem.

It works perfectly inside of the browser, but not in the app -> "You have not chosen to trust "...", the issuer of the server's security certificate. Contact your help desk for assistance. (On the iPad on iOS 13, it works without any problems)

Having the same issue, root certificate issue doesn't work, receiver install/uninstall doesnt resolve, workspace receiver install/uninstall doesnt work.

I have seen this issue on other versions on macOS as well; I don't think this is specific to this version. You will need to trust the certificate when on the site click the padlock. Show the certificate in the details you should see the CA Issuers, click on the URI. (This will ensure the correct cert required is downloaded) You can then add this certificate into keychain.

• This definitely worked for me! Thank you very much.

Add a Comment

I'm getting exactly the same thing. Have tried already 4 different versions of Citrix Workspace, messed around with "converting" certs into the keystore/cacerts of Citrix (older versions) of Workspace, but nothing worked.

Went back to the latest version of workspace. Hope this gets solved. I also have some Java apps that have similar issues with validating certificates. Strange thing is that I even set for those cert to "Always trust" etc. but even that didn't help.

Have reported to Apple via Feedback assistant

I've got the same issue on beta 2, where Citrix complains the root certificate is not trusted when trying to launch a remote desktop (works fine on Mojave).

I have seen and used a workaround I found in different thread.

Use Google chrome and download the workspace extension for chrome

This at least gets you working again.

The only issue I have had using the work around is you cant cut and paste nor can you see your files locally

However you can upload files so not a blocker just a pain

Hi, I've had the same issue on Beta 2 and now Beta 3. I've tried all of the suggestions above but couldn't get any of them to work. I can't be sure if any MacOS update triggered this or something else.

I am seeing the error "You have not chosen to trust ..." when I try to launch my Citrix session from either Chrome or Safari. This method simply downloads a shortcut to fire up the session in the Citrix app. I have tried both Citrix Receiver and Workspace and get the same result.

If I configure to use the browser extension then it works within the browser (and therefore has the associated limitations).

I have managed to find a workaround which is to launch Citrix Workspace directly (i.e. take the browser out of the loop) and launch the session by putting the URL in Workspace. It seems to work and I'm yet to see a drawback of using this method (but I haven't played with it much yet).