Unable to create Merchant ID certificate

Hello!

I am want to create new merchant ID, so I did all necessary actions on the developer portal and now I am trying to create certificate via sending certificate signing request and getting the following error:

CSR algorithm/size incorrect. Expected: ECC(256)

So, I went to certificate signing reqest manager and set tick to "Let me specify key pair information" , where I manually set ECC (256) algorithm.

Thus did same things as here Unable to create a Merchant ID Certificate from an ECC 256 certificate signing request , but selected ECC 256 which is required.

Then I tried again, but I am getting same error.

CSR algorithm/size incorrect. Expected: ECC(256)

Can you help me with this? Can't it be an issues of new UI ?

P.S.: I have tried all algorithms, just in case.

Replies

Same issue here. Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

The issue dissapeared after some time for me (hour or so). You can try again now, I guess.

The Certificate Signing Request for the Merchant Identity Certificate requires the RSA-2048 algorithm. As an alternative, you can use openSSL to generate the CSR via the following steps:

1. Execute the following openSSL command to create a private key:

openssl genrsa -out privateKey.key 2048

1. Execute the following openSSL command to generate a certificate signing request (CSR) from the private key:

openssl req -new -key privateKey.key -out certificateSigningRequest.csr

1. Login to the Apple Developer Portal and upload the CSR file. You can then download the newly generated certificate.