Submit Apps to App Store with Catalina?!

Hi, is it possible with macOS 10.15 Catalina submit Apps to the App Store (with Xcode 10)? Have anyone tried this?

Replies

In general it is safest to assume it’s not possible. Historically, Apple has usually prohibited App Store submissions if any part of your development environment is beta (including the OS). Even if it did happen to work today, they could turn it off tomorrow. Sticking with release software for production builds is the way to go.

There’s at least one thread right now with someone getting “Invalid toolchain” errors while trying to submit using 10.15 beta.

I tried it (using Xcode 10, not the beta) on Catalina, and it worked. 🙂

I submittted two apps built with Xcode 10.2.1 and both were rejected with the message:

"ITMS-90111: Invalid Toolchain - Your app was built with a beta version of Xcode or SDK. Apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the GM version of Xcode 9 and the SDK for iOS 11, tvOS 11, watchOS 4, or macOS 10.13 or later."

As far as I am aware Xcode 10.2.1 is not the beta version and Xcode 9 is not avaialbe for download.

Any suggestions for overcoming this gratefully received...

Were those two apps touched by the Xcode 11 beta at any time? You don't mention your macOS, so I'll assume it's a beta & why you're in this forum/thread.

As JP notes, the best way to avoid trouble when the goal is to upload to the store is to only use release versions, OSs and tools, in your IDE. This is especially true when any beta release is fresh...see:9.16/3.19/6.19 Xcode 'Invalid Toolchain Error' PSA

And just for the record older Xcodes are here: More