Sync Through Finder

I have my media library on an external hard drive. I have directed Music and TV apps to its location. However I'm not seeing anything showing up under my iPad/iPhone sync folders in Finder. Have I missed something or is this feature still not fully working?

Accepted Reply

You need to install the latest xCode beta to sync and update your iDevice in Finder. You might try installing xCode.

Replies

Do you have "CD'S, DVD'S and IPOD'S" box checked in the Finder Preferences?

I'm having the same problem. I can't get my Photos to sync from the Catalina Photos application (they are stored on a local USB connected hard drive).

I think that setting that you are referring to, Just_wayne2305, is just making CDs, DVDs, and iPODS visible on the left side panel in Finder...

- Jon

You need to install the latest xCode beta to sync and update your iDevice in Finder. You might try installing xCode.

The xcode installation might help. I'll try. I reinstalled Catalina and I haven't got arount to unzipping Xcode yet. Waiting for some files to restore. Let you know.

Well partial success. Music, movies, and TV shows on my media drive are showing up in the apps. However not in the Finder sync windows. Only some TV shows are showing up. No movies or music. I have to be missing a setting somewhere. I have the apps pointed at my medial drive and the proper folder.

Having Xcode installed and then rerunning IMPORT from the file menu on TV and Music apps did the trick for me.

Once Xcode was installed and IMPORT from the file menu on TV and Music restored things. DId not work for Books and Audiobooks. I had to drag and drop them.