Sign in with Apple Requirement

Hi Everyone

I just read that Apple was going to require Sign in with Apple when apps use third-party authentication methods.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/04/app-store-privacy-apple-sign-in/

I am trying to do an impact assessment for some apps we use and are building. Does anyone know how this new requirement will be applied to existing apps? If you link to a third party SSO solution (custom, Ping, Okta, etc) is Sign in with Apple required or is it only required if the app itself implements the login functionality directly. Example, apps like Workday which open a companies SSO page vs. apps that include the buttons directly for FB/Google login and implement the code to sign into FB/Google.

Also, does anyone know if the new rule applies to Enterprise App Store or only the Commercial App Store?

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

Replies

Apps created under the Developer Enterprise Program are not submitted to or distributed through the App Store and very, very unlikely to be subject to the Sign in with Apple requirement.

I would like to have some feedback on this as well. My use case will be for a public app, but will link to Google Docs api, so would i build the requirement in for that?

Apple’s documentation about this feature does not mention this requirement. It is nowhere to be seen in the AppStore review guidelines, so I am confident they will not enforce what they suggested during the WWDC keynote.

I also have a question regadring this:

I know that Sign in with Apple would be required for apps that support third-party sign-in.

But I'm not sure - is sign in and single sign on (SSO), are the same?

If I'm allowing users to login to my app via SSO, I need to allow them login with Apple Sign In?

Is there an established enforcement date on when this will be required to be implemented in apps in the App Store?

I'm also interested in the enforcment date. Need to decide whether or not to develop the support for it now, before the iOS 13 release, or later.

I would also like to know of the enforcement date for "Sign in with Apple" requirement.