iPhone stuck on Apple logo

Hi all,

When starting my upgrade to IOS 13 from 12.4 everything started fine, after a few minutes the Apple logo appeared with the progress bar underneth.

Unfortunately it has remained that way for a couple of hours now and no progress has shown on the bar. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have a suggestion?

My iPad took about 20 minutes to update, without a problem.

Accepted Reply

Just to update everyone, I resolved it by a hard reset and connecting it back to my Mac.

Quick press volume up.

Quick press volume down.

Hold Siori button until Apple logo appears.

Replies

Just to update everyone, I resolved it by a hard reset and connecting it back to my Mac.

Quick press volume up.

Quick press volume down.

Hold Siori button until Apple logo appears.

From release notes:

Following an update to iOS & iPadOS 13, users with large photo libraries might need to wait for an extended period while their device displays the Apple logo with a progress bar. (51147659)

I've seen this on a test iPhone SE device, as well as on the Apple TV. Both would stay with the progress bar untouched, but connecting to the console would show PhotoAnalysysd and related processes running.

As both devices are test devices (iPhone SE I've even restored as a new device, just in case, and the Apple TV, I did a reset (home+desktop button for 5 seconds) and let it boot and care about the photos later.

However I'm gonna wait until this is solved, as my main library has 100K photos and almost 2TB of icloud occupied, so I know already that anything that touches photos will be at least a whole week burning the device, so I'm clearly not gonna be waiting a whole week for the progress bar to finish.