can not pair with iPhone 12.3.* 12.4.*

After update to watchOS 6 beta this morning, my watch ( 3 ) and iPhone now can not pair.

How can I do, I do not want to upgrad my iPhone to 13 beta yet.

Replies

Same issue herr. Tried everything, but just get a short “update watch”, and then it unpairs again. Frustrating!

Well, tried another way of pairing and it seems ok now.

All of you please try pairing without entering the AppStore login. There is a button on the bottom to manage it later. That login was the reason for mine to get stuck.

Can you be more specific? I don't understand this solution and cannot get past this loop.

1. Start pairing using your camera near the Apple Watch

2. Do not enter the iTunes Store password when it asks you to do so. You have a button at the bottom of the screen to ignore it and continue.

3. The iPhone will then ask for the rest of the configuration: siri and some other features.

4. Wait until the end.

This worked for me.

Well, that's very clear, but its not working for me. I even signed out. Thanks for the help though, there must be something else.

Tried the above approach with little luck. If you hard press on a series 4 and preform a factory reset this process will go a few seconds further but ultimatly it'll unpair and bring you back to step one. I really wish they'd have mentioned this in the release notes.

same here, i just have an iPhone 6 so I think I am done! Downgrade instructions for an unpaired watch please?

I guess some kind of notice stating that watchos 6 needs ios 13 BEFORE updating it in an iphone 6 (no ios13 possible ) would have been great an hour ago...

I'm in the same boat. I installed the watchOS 6 beta using an iPhone running iOS 12.3. It worked fine--no warnings during setup. Only after it's installed do you learn that you need iOS 13 on your iPhone in order to pair your watch and make it work. I'm hoping that, at the very least, we can send our watches back to Apple to get them downgraded to watchOS 5. There doesn't appear to be a method to do the downgrade ourselves.

Same here (all the issues above). Contacted Apple today, no one seems to know how to fix this - after a little online research there is NO WAY to uninstall the watchOS 6 profile. I'm waiting on a response from Apple Developer support - will keep you up to date as soon as I know more.

They might offer the option to downgrade it but isn't guaranteed. I would only install betas on development devices; you can’t downgrade back to watchOS 5. It's usually isn't the most stable, a reason for no public beta. When beta 1 of watchOS 5 came out, it was pulled due to issues.

same here man i have a iphone 8 and im rinning ios 12.4 beta 3 and its still saying i am not up to data and that i need to upgrade i hope they make it where ios 13 can be installed on all sysems soon thru the develpment program because i have a windows computer and i cant upgrade due to the fact i dont have a mac i guess all we can do is wait and see what apple does :

Had the exact issue. Apple told me they needed me to send in the watch at their expense as the download to old iOS can only be done by them and not even in an apple store

After upgrade my iPhone os to iOS13 everything goes fine

I also am stuck in the loop with the pair new watch etc.

What happens when you upgrade to 13?

Does it just automatically stop the pair watch loop?

Or are there steps you followed to get this done?

I'd really rather not have to send away my watch.

My Mac is pre-Mojave.

Haven't bought a new Mac capable of running Mojave.

So.... I can't load 13?

Need to buy a new Mac to upgrade my Phone so I can use my watch???

Apple REALLY should have stated, UNEQUIVOCALLY, that iOS 13 was needed before installing watchOS 6.

I assume that next months iOS 13 public beta will provide a solve and be available to everyone without needing to buy a new computer?

eesh.

It's me again. Apple Developer support answered following:

This is expected behavior when using any type of beta software, it really can be a hit or miss. This is why we usually recommend waiting until later versions of the beta have been released.
Firstly, I would recommend reporting your issue to our Feedback Assistant so the team who is working on this can be aware of all issues occurring with our beta softwares.
Secondly, please reach out to our Apple Watch team by visiting https://getsupport.apple.com, please mention you are needing to get reverted back to watch OS 5, they will be able to assist you.