Installation Failure

I seem unable to install the tvOS 13 beta either through the beta profile or through iTunes. Initially I tunes said it needed to install some additional software which it then started doing however nothing much happened after that other than requesting that XCode, iTunes and Configurator get shut down in order to complete the installation.

Anyone else having trouble?

Accepted Reply

Make sure Get Beta Updates is set to Off.

Replies

i have the same issue. i have installed and uninstalled my profile and also master reset my apple tv. STILL No tvOS.

Installed properly here the first time on Apple TV 4K, so it isn't a universal issue.

The installer did gratuitously re-arrange the top shelf, mangle the AppleIDs previously entered, and both the Apple Events and WWDC apps seem to be on strike (refusing to show current content. But then this year's logo did promise it would lose its mind).

Having the same issue. Profile is correctly installed on ATV 4K, but system update says im still up to date with 12.x

I had the same issue and this worked for me. Install the tvOs 13 profile, reboot the apple tv. In the software updates menu I found if get beta updates was set to ON it didn't find the update. Turned it off, did update software and voila tvOS 13 downloaded and installed.

(Apple TV4k running tvOS 12 latest beta before upgrade)

Make sure Get Beta Updates is set to Off.

I had the same issue. Then I figured out that I needed to use the beta versions of Xcode and Apple Configurator. I’m not sure if it makes a difference, but I was running everything on Mac OS Catalina. The only issue now, is that Apple TV says it’s up to date with 12.4. The new profile is there, but it won’t download the new OS.

In my case, i did not have the option present to get beta updates. I traced this back to me unenrolling from the public beta at the release of tvos12. I left the public beta program, reset my ATV and eerything worked as expected

Install tvos 12 profile firstly, then install tvos 13 profile. Restart, close the auto update, restart. Go back to check update, problem solved.