Sidecar

How do i use sidecar? Macbook pro and iPad pro are both updated.

Accepted Reply

It seems to be only available for MacBook 2016 and later.

Hopefully it will come to others ...

Replies

On the Mac go to Prefrences > Sidecar > Connect to and select your iPad

I don't get that option. When i search for 'sidecar' in spotlight, i find something though, but unfortunately when i open it, i get a popup that says that sidecar isn't available, and that i maybe should connect a device to the computer (already did).. Hmmm..

It isn't restricted to any specific countries, right?

I'm having the same problem - am in the US...

- Jon

Same problem here. ipad 6th gen and Macbook Pro Early 2015...

Which iPad do you have for this? I'm trying on a 10.5 inch iPad Pro and am as well not able to pass their preference pane check.

(I'm thinking it could be things are just horribly buggy right now and next beta will clear up most.)

Yep, iPad Pro 12.9" 3rd Gen, Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2015. I wonder if it has anything to do with it having Bluetooth 4.2 and not 5.0

I think you are trying to connect iPad with other Apple ID account (Different to your Mac). I had same problem, but changing the Apple ID and re-open Preferences i can see the option "Sidecar". I have MacBook Pro 2017 and an iPad Pro 10.5 inch

Did you test pressure sensitivity and frame rate on the 10.5? I'm concerned with bandwidth via Lightning (USB 3.0 speeds). I wonder the difference plugged in versus the newest one.
I'm having issues getting the Catalina beta going, I might hold off for a release or two before testing, but I am really curious as to how Sidecar behaves.

It seems to be only available for MacBook 2016 and later.

Hopefully it will come to others ...

Does not work with 2015 Macbook Pro and iPad Pro 2nd Gen. Getting the message

"You can’t open the “Sidecar” preferences pane because it is not available to you at this time."

Hm. I wonder if an Apple Pencil is needed for that System Preferences option to appear. I don't have one...

- Jon

I Do have an Apple Pencil, I’m using a MacBook Pro retina 2012 and an iPad Pro 3rd gen 11inch and I have the same problem.

I saw somewhere on reddit that apparently it seems to work only on MacBooks from 2016 and later...

I saw that, but I've also seen people saying that they have a 2018 Mac and STILL has the same issue...

I have tested this on an iPad Pro 12.9 2nd and 3rd gen so far. When you are trying to use it, do you have your iPad connected to your Mac via cable?

I'm having the same exact issue. Mid 2014 Macbook Pro 15" with 10.15 beta and iPad Pro 2nd gen with iOS 13 beta. I can't get Sidecar to appear in the preference pane. If I try to run through spotlight I get same error message. I wonder if there is a minimum system requirement that they forgot to mention.