need ios13 on my phone but updated my laptop first

need ios13 on my phone but updated my laptop first anyomne have a hint? lol

Replies

We're on a different thread, everyone with same problem. Someone said to download the latest xcode, doing that now. On the IOS 13 Beta download page, it says need MacOS 10.1.15 OR xCode to install the ipsw

If you look in the Finder now you'll see your iOS device listed there (I see my iPhone at least) and clicking it gives you a window with a lot of the tabs you used to see in iTunes. You can then Option-Click Check for Updates to browse for the iPSW file manually.

I have iOS 12.4 beta on my iPhone X and this process fails when updating to iOS 13 beta but your mileage may vary. Good luck!

DDownloaded Xcode then was able to update to iOS 13 on iTunes.

How do you use Xcode to update the ipsw file on your iPhone?

You don't use Xcode. Its just required to be installed so that iTunes can install iOS 13 ipsw

All you need to do is plug your device in, navigate to Finder, select your device in the left pane, then hold option while you click "Update" or "Check for Updates" -- finally, select the iOS 13 .ipsw and then you should be good to go.

I also installed the Catalina profile first and ultimately, it was just a slightly different "skin" on a process that is the same as doing it through iTunes.

I would have done the xcode 11 option, except for some reason, unpacking the installer was taking incredible amounts of time. I am unfortunately working on my backup device -- the 2014 mac mini (womp womp pls help) so it seems to struggle with unpacking lots of data. My catalina installation took a very long time, and so did unpacking the .ipsw while it was preparing it to install on my iPhone X.

Phew. Almost at the finish line -- 5 hours later. A Profile would have been appreciated -- but I understand that this way, it makes it a little less accessible since the first developer beta is always a little less "stable" and they want to discourage copious amounts of "Average Users" from installing and running it.

Phew I'm even more glad I stayed on 12.2 now, hearing that being on the 12.4 beta is causing you issues with updating to 13.0

Hope you figure out the snag, and get up and running!

Hint for all those who don't see their devices in the Finder: Go into Finder settings -> sidebar -> activate "CDs, DVDs and iPods". I had it turned off when I updated my Mac and I searched for hours now where the heck is my iPhone in the Finder 😀

When I click the check for update button nothing happens. What am I doing wrong. I have 12.4

You have to 'Option Click'

Wow. That’s awesome. It makes a lot of sense that these controls were moved to Finder.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!