Updating an iPhone through 10.15??

I updated my MBP before my iPhone and now I can't install the restore file because I don't have iTunes anymore and all my searches haven't helped me find a solution. I hooked the phone to my MBP and I can see it in Finder but how do I restore it from there to update it?

Replies

I havent had a chance to upgrade my computer yet, but I noticed Apple Configurator has a 2.10 beta available for 10.15, Have you tried using that?

Same here. Then tried thru my windows computer. I do the restore, it finds the ipsw, click open and nothing happens. iPhone and iPad

Did you search Finder since they moved the back up feature from iTunes?

The ipsw's are in Finder, but that's not helping doing a restore

Having the same problem. Does anyone know how to update to it using xcode?

Devices now show up in finder on Catalina. Connect your device, launch finder, and your device should appear. You can then update/restore to the .ipsw file from there, the same way as you could from iTunes.

You need to hold the option key click on update and select the ipsw

Finder takes over. Find the device there and it will have the options.

I'm still not getting my iDevices showing up in Finder but they are showing up in the Music app.
I've installed the mobiledevice.pkg thats required without having to install xcode entirely but I may need to bite the bullet and grab that 8gb app lmao

UPDATE: Weird the devices are showing up on my iMac but not my MacBook Pro (the device they were originally paired to). Such is the life of beta season i guess.

I have it plugged in to my computer, but do not see any devices listed in finder.

It shows in Finder but clicking on it gives basic info about it while the bottom says Loading and then nothing happens.

It should show up under "Locations"

It does not show up under locations. It shows up in the music app and on xcode. I have tried multiple cables as well, any suggestions?

i'm having the exact same issue.

I've got the same problem as you. My MacBook Pro is running Catlina with no iTunes. I can't figure out how to install the .ipsw on my iPhone X without iTunes. All the instructions I can find say to use iTunes and there is no alternative. I've tried X-Code, but don't see any way to force an .ipws.

Help......

Installing the .ipsw from the finder. Seems to be running OK. I'll let you know how it goes...

No iPhone X shows up on my finder device list. I'm stumped...

Restarted and my iPhone X is now showing in my devices. I was able to call up the .ipsw and it looks like the install is underway. It's running very slowly. I'll check back in if it installs.

Just restarting. Seems like the .ipsw installed OK. Time will tell.