install iPad OS after Catalina install?

How is iPad OS installed if iTunes is now gone? I installed Catalina first and now iTunes is gone. How do installed iPad OS?

Accepted Reply

Devices now show up in finder on Catalina. Connect your device, launch finder, and your device should appear. You can then update/restore to the .ipsw file from there, the same way as you could from iTunes.

You need to hold the option key click on update and select the ipsw.

Replies

trying to figure that out myself. Will keep an eye on here.

I haven't installed catalina yet but from the on stage demo it is now done through finder i believe

Devices now show up in finder on Catalina. Connect your device, launch finder, and your device should appear. You can then update/restore to the .ipsw file from there, the same way as you could from iTunes.

You need to hold the option key click on update and select the ipsw.

@Kean Thanks! I actually used configurator and it worked...but your method is better!

Thank you!! I couldn't find this info anywhere! So simple!

Thanks!! it worked.

How did you use configurator for it?

I know this is different but I am having an issue installing on an iPhone and was wondering if your method might help. Could you let me know what you did and maybe I can try it on my side.

Excellent. Got a freaking headache trying to figure that out hehehe

Try select the device, then drag and drop the ipsw file onto the configurator window…

This almost worked for me, but I got the error "failed to unzip the restore bundle…", and my devices are not showing up in the Catalina Finder…

Open Finder, press [Cmd + ,] to open the Finder Options windows, and select the 'CD, DVD and iPod' option.

Then you can see your iPhone devices in the list.

i followed this , more than 30 minuts its stuck on prepairing , i tried many times

Tip: Make sure that Configurator or X-Code are not running. From the 10 minutes I just wasted trying to work this out; if any app has access to a connected device, it will not show in Finder.

Thank you! I've had Xcode and Configurator open for hours trying to solve this!

ipad sgows in finder, but after i choose the ipsw file, it goes to black screen

Same here, I select the ipsw but nothing happens other than a blank screen. Anyone know a way around this ?