Missing push notification entitlements

Hi,

I am uploading an app to itunes connect but I always get the "Missing push notification entitlements" email.

I triple checked everything from my certificates, to app id, provisioning profile, but everything looks fine.

I installed through Testflight but was getting "didFailToRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithError", so I know it's not working.

The problem is that installing the same build through Crashlytics distribution platform, I was succeeding at registering for remote notifications.

How is that possible? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Accepted Reply

If your app does not use push notifications, it is completely safe to ignore the warning. It's there to let developers who do use push notifications know that they might have signed their app incorrectly.

There was an issue with the app validator the week of August 31, 2015 that caused this warning to be sent erroneously to some developers whose apps do not use push notifications. This issue was corrected on September 2. The next time you validate or submit your app you should not see the warning.

--gc

Replies

Hi,

I got the same error and I haven't used any push notification's. Did you get a solution? I'm incorporating crashylitics but not using it at the moment and it never gave an error when I first submitted the app (which is already on sale) .. this is the next version.

In the beginning you say that you cannot upload your app to the iTunes Connect. And in the next sentence, that you installed your app via Testflight. So you did upload your app?

Sometime these errors are not related to the reality. When I saw an error when uploaded to the iTunesConnect, it was a script file (something.sh) that mistekenly was added to the project.

Actually I did not say I couldn't upload. I do upload but right after it successfully upload I get this email saying that I added the push notifications code in my appdelegate but the app wasn't signed with push notifications entitlement (although it's not true). And the error is indeed related to reality because I make it avaliable for beta testing through Testflight and I cannot get a valid device push token. But the problem does not seen to be certificates or provisioning related as when I upload with crashlytics beta, I get a valid device push token and everything works great.

Not yet. This is frustrating as it is holding my app's launch back

the provisioning profile you used to upload the app does not have the entititment to send push notifications.

double check if your certificates are associated with the correct bundle identifier ( must be your apps in quesiton) and try regenerating your profiles and distribution certs.

Sometimes you need to go in the account panel of xcode and press the refersh button to make it redownload the new certificates and provisioning profiles.

I have the same issue. I get this error even with Apple's default Single View Application template, which clearly shouldn't use Push Notifications.

Are you using a Xcode Beta and/or submitting an iOS 9 Beta build, too? If yes, the issue probably related to that.

I'm having the same problem with Xcode 7 beta 4. I don't have any push notifications in my app but I'm getting rejected by iTunes Connect due to not having a push notifications entitlement. I can submit fine with Xcode 6. So this is obviously a bug with Xcode 7

That notice is a warning only, not a rejection.

The app validator checks for an implementation of the UIApplicationDelegate method application:didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken: in the app. You’ll get the warning you described if your app delegate implements that method and there is no aps-environment entitlement.

It's possible that a third-party library you're using has implemented that method even though your app doesn't do anything with push notifications. In that case you can just ignore the warning. It's there to let developers who do use push notifications know if they might have signed their app incorrectly.

--gc

I don't have that method implemented, don't use any third-party library and have no aps-environment entitlement but still get that warining. Maybe it has something to do with TestFlight?

I have the exact same problem, just uploaded a build using Xcode 7 beta 6, and upon uploaded successfully, I received an email about missing push notification entitlement. I don't use third party library and not using push notification.

I just got the "Missing Push Notification Entitlement" email today (Aug 27 2015), I did not get this email yesterday when i submitted an almost identical binary (I just changed some trivial math). I know its just a warning and not an error, but the email does appear to be generated in error. Apple?

Thanks - that's really helpful. Looks like Fabric/Crashlytics triggers this; my app doesn't need push but those frameworks would really like it!

I had the exact same problem too, just got the email. No third-party libraries, no implemented method didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken and push notifications is disabled. Xcode 7 beta 6.

I have the same problem and I'm using Fabri/Crashlytics, so I exposed this situation to Fabric support and they told me that:
"We don't interact with push notifications at all, so I doubt that the warning is getting triggered by us."

I'm using Xcode 6.4 and I previously submited, with success, my app that includes Fabric/Crashlytics framework.

Same problem here, no APN used at all but I received the missing push notification entitlement.

In the email they say that if the app doesn't use APN service no action is required, but in itunes connect I must upload another build.

Now I'm trying with another build without any code corrections, since I'm not using APN at all.