Can you combine introductory pricing on top of a free trial?

The step where you create an Introductory Offer in iTunes Connect allows you to select only 1 of 3 options: Pay as you go, Pay up front, and Free trial. If my app already has a free trial period set up, can I set up an Introductory offer that's configured as "Pay as you go" with a discounted price? I'm trying to ensure that a potential customer can get both the free trial, which is already configured, AND a discounted introductory price.

Replies

>trying to ensure that a potential customer can get both the free trial, which is already configured, AND a discounted introductory price.

Seeing as a 'free trial' -is- an introductory offer, I don't see the option to bundle/stack offers, so either/or, not and.

From the docs:

"Implementing Introductory Offers in Your App

Overview

Apps with auto-renewable subscriptions can offer a discounted introductory price, including a free trial, to eligible users. You can make introductory offers to customers who haven’t previously received an introductory offer for the given product."

But rather attempt to combine offers, I'd just use 'pay as you go', priced accordingly keeping the goal of a free trial in mind, letting it roll over a couple times before regular pricing kicks in, or, just a free trial. best to keep it simple, for both you and your users.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT

Does the introduction of offer codes change this at all?

I'd like to have the 1st month free, the next 3 months with a discounted price, and the rest of the subscription with a normal price. Is this possible?

• Did you find an answer? Would also like to know

Add a Comment