App Review Rejection Issue - Help Needed!

We submitted our application and the Apple Review Team replied back with:

Guideline 3.2 - Business

During our review, we found that this app was designed for a specific business or organization and not for general distribution on the App Store. Business apps available on the App Store are meant for use by a wide variety of external customers around the world.

As this app is not intended for general distribution, it cannot be made available on the App Store. We encourage you to review the other ways to distribute your business app and choose one that better meets your business needs.

I responded back to them with the below. We looked at the Business App options and the one we are looking for is the App Store option. Our application is similar to a banking app in that in order to view your account specific details, you must create an account with us.

"I updated our category to Business. Is there anything else we need to do? In looking at the business options, we would want the App Store option so it is simple for our customers to download. We don't want the Custom or the In-House option. Please let us know if there is anything else that needs to be updated."

Apple then responded back with the same message as before (not providing any additional information):

Thank you for providing additional information.

Regarding 3.2.0, this app was designed for a specific business or organization and not for general distribution on the App Store.

It cannot be made available on the App Store

To resolve this issue, it would be appropriate to review the other ways to distribute your business app and choose one that better meets your business needs.

We look forward to reviewing your resubmitted app.

We checked the 3 2.0 Guidelines and all it says is "The lists below are not exhaustive, and your submission may trigger a change or update to our policies, but here are some additional do’s and don’ts to keep in mind:". Apple isn't telling us exactly what the issue is, so I responded back with the below:

Can you please provide the item in 3 2.0 that you are referencing? We aren't seeing how our app doesn't meet the qualifications for general distribution. We would like to address the item in question, however, in looking at the Apple Review Guidelines 3 2.0, it only references acceptable and not acceptable items, and we aren't sure what item is being addressed in the reject.

Could you clarify if it is how our app is made or if it's how we are submitting it? Our app has a similar business model to Ash Brokerage, an app that is available on the Apple Store for general distribution today. We are both Independent Marketing Organizations and our goal for the app is to be viewable by everyone on the apple store, however, to see your account specific data you must have an account with FIG (similar to banking or financial services app).

They again responded back with the same verbiage as before:

Thank you for providing additional information.

Regarding 3.2.0, this app was still designed for a specific business or organization and not for general distribution on the App Store.

It cannot be made available on the App Store

To resolve this issue, it would be appropriate to review the other ways to distribute your business app and choose one that better meets your business needs.

We look forward to reviewing your resubmitted app.

Does anyone have any additional information that could help here? We aren't getting the clarification that we are asking for and it's almost like no one is reading our responses/questions. They just keep saying 'regarding 3 2.0 but aren't saying what we are specifically in violation of or what we need to do to resolve.

We do not want a custom or in-house application. We want our application visible and downloadable to everyone on the app store. Once you download the app, it will require you to log in to view your specific data, similar to banking applications. We aren't sure what we are doing wrong or what we need to fix.

Help please! 🙂

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of LSoss16 Down vote post of LSoss16
10k views

Replies

Ignoring the fact you, and App Review, have seen the app, and we know nothing about it....

>We aren't sure what we are doing wrong or what we need to fix.

You made an app you want to sell to your customers. Apple wants you to make an app it can sell to it's customers. As it stands, you need the store...the store doesn't need you.

Since it's Apple's store, you need to find a way to meet both goals. Until you do that, talk to the hand. This is how the process works.

How you do that is on you. App Review isn't going to build/change/improve our apps for us...they're just the gate keepers. It's called development for a reason 😉

Who are the app’s users? If it applies to Joe Public, then you might have a case. But if your intended users (those with accounts) are only resellers/agents, then I would tend to agree with Apple that this sounds more like an enterprise app that doesn’t belong on the public App Store.

I have seen many enterprise apps that are distributed in the general App store but allows only employees and partners download and login using their corporate account information. I don't think that is the issue here.

We are in a similar situation that our app was approved for an earlier version but the latest version was rejected repeatedly with the same vague explaination that metadata and verbiage was not clear. If I know what the words we need to use, then I would put them in the description and in the app.

I'd suggest contact Apple and talk to a review rep or submit an appeal.

Have you tried it or does work ? I have currently in same condition and already have enterprize account but my current client does not want to go on enterprize account. What should i do in that case?

Did you have any update about this issue? I'm facing the same situation.

I'm facing the same situation. Did you have any update about this issue?

This is same with me!!
俺也一样