5 Replies
      Latest reply on May 22, 2019 12:48 AM by eskimo
      ncel Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

On using notarization from command line on Mojave 10.14.5 as below:

xcrun altool --notarize-app --primary-bundle-id "" -u "xxx" -p "xxx" -f "xxx.zip"

The following error is observed :

To use this application, you must first sign in to iTunes Connect and sign the relevant contracts. (1048)

Currenlty latest XCode 10.2.1 is being used despite of that this error is observed. I am able to successfully login to developer account and itunesconnect account which does not display any contracts/agreements.

What could be missing?

• Re: notarization throws error
          eskimo Apple Staff Apple Staff (11,265 points)

To use this application, you must first sign in to iTunes Connect and sign the relevant contracts. (1048)

ncel, Please get in touch with me directly (my email address is in my signature).

For anyone else, if you were unable to notarise because of this error sometime over the past week, please try again now.  If you still have the error, first check that your agreements are in order.  If they are, please post a follow-up here.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
          Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware
          let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Thanks for the response. I tried again later yesterday and it notarized successfully.

I tried again later yesterday and it notarized successfully.

Cool.  I’d still like you to get in touch though.  It’s important for us to understand why this problem affected you and not other developers [1].  I can’t go into the gory details here, but if we can capture some info from you now then that might help us avoid this problem occurring again in the future.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

[1] Curiously, the problem also showed up in the team that I use to run notarisation tests, which is why I know so much about it.

Sure. I will respond in mail.

Also I had another query regarding stapling the ticket to the notarised binary.

Is it mandatory to staple the ticket to the binary/pkg?  I understand network connection would be required for Gatekeeper to validate. But can we still continue to notarize the binaries and not staple the ticket?

I will respond in mail.

Thanks!

Also I had another query regarding stapling the ticket to the notarised binary.

If you create a new thread for that question — in the same topic area, that is, Distribution > Mac Apps — I’ll respond there.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”