Can no longer export iOS archive using automatic signing.

Hello,

Up until March I was able to use automatic signing to export and distribute our iOS apps. But now when I try to export the archive, I get the following error:

2019-05-10 08:16:55 +0000 [MT] Failed to locate signing assets with errors: (
    "Error Domain=IDEProvisioningErrorDomain Code=14 \"Select a signing certificate for the macOS platform.\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Select a signing certificate for the macOS platform.}"
)

If I use manual signing, the tool automatically has the proper cert selected and I can select the proper profile from the drop down and can successfully export and distribute the app. I tried creating a new cert, but this did not fix the problem.

I would like to get this resolved because the same problem is happening on our CI server and we would prefer to use an automated build process.

I would be happy to provide any other info, if needed.

Thank You,

JR

Replies

If it helps diagnose the issue, I also attempted to build the IPA file via command line and got the following error:

2019-05-10 04:51:54.362 xcodebuild[19880:6590860] [MT] IDEDistribution: -[IDEDistributionLogging _createLoggingBundleAtPath:]: Created bundle at path '/var/folders/nr/2y0hqgpj1933445thzpy9wwc0000gp/T/TVision_Eng-Release_2019-05-10_04-51-54.361.xcdistributionlogs'.
error: exportArchive: "finalizer" specifies a signing certificate for the wrong platform.

Error Domain=IDEProvisioningErrorDomain Code=14 ""finalizer" specifies a signing certificate for the wrong platform." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription="finalizer" specifies a signing certificate for the wrong platform., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Specify a signing certificate for the macOS platform in your Export Options property list.}

I verified that the certificate I am using is an iOS distribution certificate, so I am not sure why I am getting the error.

Thanks,

JR