Set nowplayingInfo for showing song title, artist on airplay (Apple Tv), not work

Hello,

I am sending metadata from an audio app via the MPNowPlayingInfoCenter : title, artist, artwork....

On iPhone devices, all these informations are correctly displayed in the control center of the device (as weel as in Carplay wich uses also these metadata or in the Apple Watch).

But on Apple TV via airplay (MPVolumView), i just see a black screen with a progress bar.

I registered via KVO on the AVPlayerItem timedMetadata, but as soon as i play on AppleTV i do not receive any notification anymore as an observer.

Do someone have the same problem ? Thank you a lot for any responses.

• Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm facing the same issue. Everything is working fine with notification centre, dynamic island etc. But just black screen on airplay tv

Add a Comment

Replies

Hello @nathshift, can you shed some light on how did you send the artwork to the watch. I have an iOS app that successfully shows the artwork in the now playing lock screen, command center, car play but it does not show up on the apple watch now playing app.

Here is my question: on the dev forums

Thanks in advance