What will happen to all of the legacy extensions upon upgrade?

I know there's an option to "replace" each extension with an updated app extension.

What will happen to all the users out there which are still using legacy extensions? Will they all be deleted upon upgrade even if no replacement is available?

I wanted to check the upgrade myself, but cannot seem to find Safari Developer Preview 79 anywhere to download

It also seems as the extension builder is removed altogether

Replies

Anyone?

Same problem here. We have no way to test the migration flow because can't get an older version of Tech Preview.

Guys, the due date is right around the corner and we got no response from you.

Could you shed some light on this situation? No userbase migration flow is (or would be) available?

Will we need to instruct all of our users to install from scratch the new app extension? That doesn't make sense AT ALL!

Your users will have to download your app from the App Store (or from your website).

If your users had your legacy extension enabled, and you have set up SFSafariExtensionBundleIdentifiersToUninstall in your extension's Info.plist https://developer.apple.com/documentation/safariservices/safari_app_extensions/converting_a_legacy_safari_extension_to_a_safari_app_extension?language=objc

Then the app extension will automatically be enabled when the user installs it from the app store or your website.

Edit: Also - if your users had any legacy extensions enabled the first time they launch Safari 13 - they will be told about the extensions that were removed, and there will be a button that takes them to the Safari Extensions page on the App Store.