App validation error

I'm preparing an update to my application already in the AppStore. A new feature is launching a command line utility that I am embedding in the Bundle. I tried to put it first in the Resources and the in the MacOS sub-directories and I get the same problem. I can launch it from within the application, but when I validate the app in Xcode Organizer I get this error: "Couldn't find platform family in Info.plist CFBundleSupportedPlatforms or Mach-O LC_VERSION_MIN for dot_static". I tried all possible workarounds to be able to run this command line utility from within the app, but nothing seems to work. Can you please help me solve this issue ?

The issue described above arises as a workaround to the general inability for a sandboxed application to launch a process in /usr/local/bin. To be more specific, if I remove the sandboxing option from my app (for testing purposes) I can launch both `/usr/local/bin/cmake` and `/usr/local/bin/dot` but if I leave the app sandboxed as required by the AppStore, `/usr/local/bin/cmake` is still available, but `/usr/local/bin/dot` "disappears". My preferred functionality would be to launch `/usr/local/bin/dot`, part of the open source graphviz package and installed with brew (is it possible at all to run it maybe through some Security API ?). My workaround above is to build my own `dot` which I can access and run locally, but it doesn't pass Validation.

Accepted Reply

With some help from the Apple technical support I resolved the Validation error

`Couldn't find platform family in Info.plist CFBundleSupportedPlatforms or Mach-O LC_VERSION_MIN for ...`

by configuring the autotools utility with

./configure CFLAGS="-mmacosx-version-min=10.9"

and by configuring the other cmake utility with

-D CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.9

Replies

With some help from the Apple technical support I resolved the Validation error

`Couldn't find platform family in Info.plist CFBundleSupportedPlatforms or Mach-O LC_VERSION_MIN for ...`

by configuring the autotools utility with

./configure CFLAGS="-mmacosx-version-min=10.9"

and by configuring the other cmake utility with

-D CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.9