Offer introductory price only to some subscription buyers

I have an app in the Apple app-store where some extra features are offered through a couple of one time in-app purchases. I want to transfer that to a subscription model. To make it more acceptable for those who already bought the old IAP I want to give them the first year free. However, I have problems implementing this.

Alternative 1

Create an "Introductory offer" (one year free) for the new subscribed IAP. But I can't see a way to control who gets that offer, which means all new buyers will benefit from it.

Alternative 2

Create a "Promotional offer". But that is only meant for getting old subscribers back. So there is no way for a new buyer to use that offer (I think).

Alternative 3

Create two completely different IAP, one with an introductory offer and one without. That would work, but is a clunky solution that I want to avoid.

Are there any other alternatives?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Stoneage Down vote post of Stoneage
1.4k views

Replies

Is it necessary to give introductory offer? Can , I add subscription in app without introductory offer? Is there any issue or rejection by Apple if, developer don't provide Introductory offer in its subscription in their app?