AVMetadataItem dataType reference ?

Having a dig through Metadata keys & values and need more info. First of all there are 2 dataTypes, first is AVMetadataItem.dataType & second .extraAttributes dictionary, and the second is number value. Most common numbers are 1 21 13 but at the moment mean next to nothing, need a reference table or some sort ?

13 & 14 are JPEG or PNG and the string dataType value is com.apple.metadata.datatype.JPEG or com.apple.metadata.datatype.PNG. I want to compare against NSImage.imageTypes which is public.jpeg or public.png, how can I get them to match up ? (hope that makes sense)

Replies

Did you browse the hearder files of AVFoundation framework ?

I searched AVMetadataFormat.h and AVMetadataItem.h but could not find. Data must be in other headers. Wish you successful search.

Thanks for trying. No idea where to look at the AVFoundation Framework, but did find this ... https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/QuickTime/QTFF/Metadata/Metadata.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40000939-CH1-SW34

Still need to know about metadata.datatype.jpeg to recognised public.jpeg, any ideas ?