Your app has one or more issues email but XCode OK

I've been trying to solve this issue for more than a week now, searching everywhere, trying everything but I'm out of ideas now. I've compiled my app with a distribution certificate and a distribution profile. Device "IPhone" was selected, not simulator, etc, everything right. When publishing it, it passes on Xcode validation. I even tried the command line validation (maybe it's different from what XCode does?) and it also passes. However, a few minutes later I get an email:

Invalid Signature - A sealed resource is missing or invalid. The file at path [Notificacao.iOS.app/Notificacao.iOS] is not properly signed. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target. For more information, please consult https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Introduction/Introduction.html

I've read about invalid characters being the culprit, but the only thing I have are characters like "ã" and "ç" on the App Store name, which is of course necessary. I can't simply remove the accents. No file at all in the project has special characters in its name. Not even the app name (which is displayed under the app icon after installed). Do you guys have any other ideia of what might cause this or how can I discover the underlying issue?

Replies

So there are no apps on the App Store that has characters like these? Every single app on the app store are named using only ASCII characters? No french, portuguese, russian, spanish names at all? (Honest question)

Well, I've just checked and there are indeed apps with special characters on their name (this one, for example: https://itunes.apple.com/br/app/cart%C3%A3o-pernambucanas/id1046562246?mt=8) so I guess that's not the problem?

Please keep in mind that the app-name you are seeing is not necessarily the filename of the bundle.

At least for macOS Apps it is possible to translate the bundleDisplayName as well as the bundleName. You just need a 'InfoPlist.strings' file in every translation folder.

Good Luck!

Brigitte

You said 'I have are characters like "ã" and "ç" - finding just one that is 'like' what you're actually using isnt' much evidence, I think.

Did you find one w/ "ç" too, yet? Until you can find all of the chars you used, I'd not exclude that use of any one of them is tied to your issue.

You might have more luck reaching out to support via the 'contact us' link below and asking their opinion about your exact usage -and- the error message, just don't be surprised if they send you back here.

I see. I'll double check, but as I had said in the OP, no file has these characters in their names. Only the app name has these characters (not the bundle file name). Should we instead remove those characters from the app name as well and use the 'InfoPlist.strings' to translate it?

Did double-check. Not a single special character in Info.plist. No file with special characters in their name at all. We only use special characters on the app name in App Store Connect.