Question about Command Line Compiler Libraries

There's a project that I try to build on my MacOS machine and Windows machine when new versions come out every month.

I attempted to compile the latest code using the latest Beta Dev tools and it throws errors from within the framework (not from the code I'm compiling).

One example is:

In file included from ../../../../../src/osd/modules/lib/osdlib_macosx.cpp:26:

In file included from /Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Headers/Carbon.h:20:

In file included from /Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Headers/CoreServices.h:19:

In file included from /Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:43:

/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFBase.h:13:5: error: 'DEPLOYMENT_RUNTIME_SWIFT' is not defined, evaluates to 0 [-Werror,-Wundef]

#if DEPLOYMENT_RUNTIME_SWIFT

^

There are other instances of this similar error with different tags that seem to be #defined elsewhere, such as:

/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CFBase.h:44:6: error: '__BIG_ENDIAN__' is not defined, evaluates to 0 [-Werror,-Wundef]

#if !__BIG_ENDIAN__ && !__LITTLE_ENDIAN__

/Library/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/Math64.h:47:7: error: 'MATH64_USE_INLINE' is not defined, evaluates to 0 [-Werror,-Wundef]

#if MATH64_USE_INLINE

If I rename /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools and install an older version of the tools via the .pkg file that I've downloaded from this site (Command Line Tools (macOS 10.13) for Xcode 9.4.1 dated June 13, 2018) and then attempt to build the application it works fine.

So seems something that did exist in the development tools no longer exists. I was wondering if this was known, any fix (other than what I've been doing), or am I the only one seeing this?

I've asked in the forums of the project that I'm building and they are thinking it's the compiler vs. their code that they are releasing. So I thought I'd ask here.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.