Update Xcode 10.1 to 10.2 on High Sierra 10.13.6

Hi all,

I'm trying to update Xcode 10.1 to 10.2 on my High Sierra 10.13.6 version.

The App Store window shows the update button, but the problem is after hitting that button, the circle on the upper-left corner is just rotating for hours and nothing else happens!

Since the difference between the two versions is not that huge, the update naturally must be downloaded and installed after some time, but in effect it's not that way! 😟

How to solve that issue, please?

Replies

>I'm trying to update Xcode 10.1 to 10.2 on my High Sierra 10.13.6 version.

You can't get there from here - Xcode 10.2 requires a Mac running macOS 10.14.3 or later.

Hello,

I downloaded Xcode 10.2 from Apple developer and edited the minimum system version to 10.13.6 which is the version of high sierra. Xcode was running fine, but when trying to run the simuator it crashes. So I uninstalled both of them and reinstalled Xcode 10 again. Whatever you tried to fix, it will crash at some point I belive.

Just try to hold on your current Xcode 10 which is compatiable version with your mac otherwise you can consider buying a new mac.

I mistakenly downloaded Xcode 10.2.1 on a 10.13 (High Sierra) system. My only use for Xcode is a one-time compile of a simple Automator agent so I edited the minimum system version as you did since I don't want to do another heavy download to get an older version.

When Xcode launches it opens the Agreement window where I have to click Agree or Disagree. When I click Agree the app shows me a window with "Xcode wants to make changes" into which I enter my admin password. But the Agreement window remains in the foreground and I can't get past it.

Did you run into this?

Thanks!