1 Reply
      Latest reply on Apr 8, 2019 1:19 AM by eskimo
      ovidaniel Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

with this code my app works good,but when i get back in foreground all function are disable....who can I get work in foreground?

func applicationDidEnterBackground(_ application: UIApplication) {
          var finished = false
          var bgTask: UIBackgroundTaskIdentifier = 0;
          bgTask = application.beginBackgroundTask(withName:"MyBackgroundTask", expirationHandler: {() -> Void in
          // Time is up.
          if bgTask != UIBackgroundTaskInvalid {
          // Do something to stop our background task or the app will be killed
          finished = true
          }
          })

// Perform your background task here
          print("The task has started")
          while !finished {
          print("Not finished")
          // when done, set finished to true
          // If that doesn't happen in time, the expiration handler will do it for us
          }

// Indicate that it is complete
          application.endBackgroundTask(bgTask)
          bgTask = UIBackgroundTaskInvalid
        }

• Re: App background to foreground
          eskimo Apple Staff Apple Staff (11,265 points)

The approach you’re using here won’t work.  You are expected to return from applicationDidEnterBackground(_:) promptly.  Doing your background work synchronously within applicationDidEnterBackground(_:) is going to cause problems.  For example, your background task expiry handle is called on the main thread, but the main thread is stuck within applicationDidEnterBackground(_:), so it won’t be able to call the expiry handler.

The standard approach for doing this is to start a background task in applicationDidEnterBackground(_:) and then run the actual background work asynchronously (if it’s I/O bound) or on a secondary thread/queue (if it’s CPU bound).  The presence of the background task will prevent your app from suspended after it returns from applicationDidEnterBackground(_:), thus allowing the actual work to complete.

Finally, I recommend you read my UIApplication Background Task Notes, which has a bunch of background (hey hey!) on this subject.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
          Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware
          let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"