Anyone else experienced any inconsistency in sales?

Hi developers,

last week I found inconsistency between my sales shown in iTunes Connect Sales and Trends and the real downloaded files on my webspace:

I have the free app "Invisible Pix" and offer in-app-purchases where the content is downloaded from my own server after purchasing.

Now I looked at the access.log file of this month and discovered that 53 in-app-contents were downloaded, 2 of them were redownloads but only 14 sales were billed from Apple!!

Does anybody has an explanation for that inconsistency?

Please have a look on your apps and post me your experiences.

Thanks!

Replies

I exprienced this:

The count of players shown in the game center increases by over 50, but there are only 5 copies downloaded in 'Sales and Trends' report during the same period. Now the overall count of players in Game Center is far more than the copies sold.

same thing for me. Sales and Trends shows 46 subscription amount but bil payment shows only 40 subscriptions. So What is this diffrent. ?

I also get discrepancies between my own In-App purchase logs and the information displayed on Sales and Trends on iTunes connect.

I’ve even validated the receipts I got with Apple’s API.

Have contacted Apple’s support almost two months ago, didn't hear from them since…

I’m running a hybrid app… Any ideas?

This is almost definitely IAP fraud. People who hack to get free IAPs send bogus responses back to your app so that your app thinks they paid. I have a game where about 70% of the IAPs are bogus. You can filter most of those with some simple checks, that the RIGHT way is for your app to send the receipt to your own private server. Your server verifies the receipt with Apple and then sends the result back to your app -- and only then do you consider the IAP as purchased.